One of the great benefit of using Payza processor in Revenue Sharing program or HYIP is that they give us a chance to fight with scammers and get a percentage of our loss. I always recommend using Payza because of this reason as online programs comes with huge risk and uncertainty.
So how do you open a dispute in Payza in case program scam?
Login to your account and select Account ➦ Resolution Center.
Select ‘File a Dispute‘ option from that window.
Choose the transaction you want to dispute and click on File Dispute.
Fill up the form as given below.
- Type of the purchase: Goods.
- What is the purchase: Ad Credits and Traffic.
- Seller’s website address: Type the domain name of website which scammed.
- Best describes your case: Was not delivered.
- Provide to the seller the reason for filing this dispute: You can use your words explaining why you’re filing a dispute or you can use default text from HERE.
- Select your desired outcome for the described case: I would like a full refund.
Click on Next, Review the details you’ve provided and Complete.
Certain things to remember:
- Payza only allows 45 days to file a dispute, from the date you made the payment. After that you won’t be able to open a dispute or get refund from them.
- Only file a dispute if you’ve faced a loss in the program (Withdrawals < Deposits).
- Usually Payza dispute will only be closed in 1-3 months depending on program and you will get only 30%-50% of loss incurred.
If you have more questions, Contact Me or comment below.